Skip to content
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US for all ages. (CDC)
- Every day, approximately 123 Americans die by suicide. (CDC)
- There is one death by suicide in the US every 12 minutes. (CDC)
- Depression affects 20-25% of Americans ages 18+ in a given year. (CDC)
- Suicide takes the lives of over 44,965 Americans every year. (CDC)
- The highest suicide rates in the US are among Whites, American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- In 2021, suicide was the leading cause of death for 10-29 year olds.
- Last year, South Dakota had its highest suicide death toll, topping 200.
- These numbers are alarming, but with the help of each of us, WeCan begin to take steps to save lives and lower these numbers.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.